- Design: 4-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 9.25″ to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical design
- Maintains the same back focus as when used at f/10: Unlike generic Reducers the EdgeHD .7x provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-Adapters and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster than f/10: Reduces the exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD Reducer uses “rare earth” Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated Lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction
- Blacken edges: All Lens elements have blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize contrast
Full Frame Design
- Threads directly onto the 3.25″ threads of the EdgeHD optical tube: Reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Clear aperture: 60 mm clear aperture Lens optimized for a 42 mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors.
- Machined aluminum housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the Lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.